Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Showing the Arts and Humanities Matter
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
Government and private support for the Arts and Humanities—for research, teaching, preservation, and creative renewal in such fields as literature, history, languages, philosophy, classics, art history, and cultural studies - is in decline. What can we do to demonstrate that the Arts and Humanities matter?
This free, one day symposium, on 18th September 2012 at UCL, will feature leading figures in understanding, demonstrating, and advocating for the Arts and Humanities. The symposium will also mark the launch of the 4Humanities@UCL chapter.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Alan Liu, University of California Santa Barbara, and 4Humanities founder
- Dr Rüdiger Klein, European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Amy Westwell and Oliver Milne, The Free Hetherington Campaign
- Neil Griffiths, Arts Emergency
- Dr Anna Upchurch, University of Leeds, and Dr Eleonora Belfiore, University of Warwick
- Professor Andrew Prescott, King's College London.
More information will be posted soon at https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ah/4humanities/18thSeptember. The symposium is free to attend, and all with an interest in this area are welcome.
When & Where
UCL Department of Information Studies